Monday, June 4, 2007

Hosker Clinic Part II - A Kick In the Pants

Alright, so day two of the clinic was just as exciting. Everything we learned was a general repeat performance of the day before, including the wonderful cow kick from a horse named Arizona. For some reason, poor Zena just draws that kind of attention from horses. Unfortunately, I wish I hadn't been sitting in the saddle when she received it. So....for the second time in two days, I got kicked from Arizona in the leg. This time though instead of merely shrugging it off, I felt as if my whole leg had gone numb, and when those 'oh so considerate' people are trying to help, all it feels as if you want to do is cry. So I did. I cried, Megan cried, then I told her I was buying two nerf guns to pop Arizona in the butt, and then we laughed.

On the plus side, Chris helped lead the team to victory with a 4-2 win in our soccer game. Although Chris said he didn't help do much, he woke up with massive shin splints, which means he had to have participated pretty well! :)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Ha! I wouldn't count watching the game from the far end of the field as helping. And the only participation I did was running after the ball when they kicked out of bounds behind the goal 3 times (almost had to call for a sub after that!)

Tricia said...

Yeah, but I bet those 3 times you ran your hardest! Go shins! haha

Anonymous said...

Ouch! That sounds painful, I would have cried too.

Tricia said...

Trust me, there were lots of tears! :)