Saturday, February 28, 2009

It's just like riding a bike.....

As most of you know, I teach basic horsemanship on the weekends. I have a wide range of students. A few of those students are adults. I'm particularly proud of one of my students who is going to the same clinic that I am next month. She's started to lope (the third speed on a horse) and she's really trying to get the basics before this clinic. This started a debate with my s.o. who said that riding a horse is just like riding a bike. I looked at him and said "okay, but there are horses that have two different sizes of wheels, some that are missing chains, some with no seats, etc..." He brought up yeah, I guess some don't have handlebars, or the handlebars are stuck, and some have no brakes, and some have one speed......

Yeah hon, just like riding a freakin' bike.

No comments: